Monday, March 28, 2011

Birthday Fever

On The Needles:
--Hermione's Everyday Socks in Regia Sock Yarn
--Think Pink Socks in Brown Sheep Nature Spun Fingering  (Ribbed Ribbons pattern from Socks From The Toe Up by Wendy Knits


LOVE the way my Hermione (top) socks are coming out.  The pattern is so so easy, and it's beautiful.  Very simple, but interestingly textured.  I've actually done more since I took that picture, but those socks are on-the-go-knitting, so I keep them in my car and I keep forgetting to bring them in to take pictures.  I seem to spend a lot of time waiting in my car.  Don't know why, but at least I can just whip Hermione out and do a few rows here and there.
My Think Pink socks are also stealing my heart.  I absolutely love them.  I love the toe-up method, love the double circs method...just love them.  I'm about to create the gusset on the first one, as soon as I have ten seconds to just SIT.
I ordered this skein of yarn off of eBay a few weeks ago.  It's beautiful, dark grey heather laceweight, 800 yards, wool, silk, and cashmere.  I'm going to cast on for the Haruni shawl on Ravelry today....I can't wait!  My very first shawl!

So my kids' birthdays are coming up...April 5th and April 12th.  I'm doing a circus-themed birthday party, and I am SO excited.  It's so hard to believe that they're gonna be four and six.  That just blows my mind.  For the next two weeks, I'm not going to be doing anything that's NOT related to the party or the actual days.  Birthday fever indeed.  The only thing that's niggling at my brain is the fact that both my boyfriend and my ex-husband are going to be at the party....at the same time......

No comments:

Post a Comment